View Our Practice Areas

May 2015 Archives

Are assistance payments available to family guardians?

As in most states, family courts in Arkansas have the power to award the custody of children to relatives when parents are unable to retain custody of their children. In many cases, however, nonparental custody creates financial burdens that are hard for people to shoulder without some outside help. Fortunately, in these cases, the state can provide kinship guardianship assistance payments.

Factors considered when determining alimony

Divorced spouses may be aware that the spouse who earns a smaller income may be entitled to alimony from the other spouse. However, it is also important to note that the decision to award alimony lies solely at the discretion of the court and the court's decision is generally irreversible.

Co-parenting as an alternative to bitter child custody battles

Divorced spouses in Arkansas may agree that child custody issues are often more demanding than the divorce battle itself. Generally, child custody is awarded to one parent and the other parent is required to pay child support. This custody decision made by the court is solely based on what it deems to be the best interests of the child.

Learn More

Protect your rights, your finances and your children

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Worsham Law Firm, P.A.

Worsham Law Firm, P.A.
320 Executive Court Suite 306
Little Rock, AR 72205

Toll Free: 888-851-4282
Phone: 501-588-8120
Fax: 501-228-5399
Little Rock Law Office Map