The law is obviously important, as it will be the ultimate determining factor in your child custody case. But there are unwritten do’s and don’ts that can go a long way toward determining your custody case or at least influencing whether the process is miserable for you and your children.
- Do be reasonable.
- Do understand what to expect during the process (your attorney can take care of this).
- Do spend time with your children.
- Do speak to a counselor or trusted friend or family member about what you are going through and how you are feeling.
- Do determine what your true goals are for child custody.
- Do remember that co-parenting is the likely outcome of most custody cases.
- Do what is in the best interest of your child.
- Don’t badmouth your child’s other parent, especially in front of your children.
- Don’t fight a custody battle for the sake of fighting.
- Don’t pursue an unrealistic custody arrangement out of anger or spite.
- Don’t allow short-term wants to cloud your judgment about your child’s long-term needs.
- Don’t forget that this case isn’t about you; it’s about what is best for your children.
Talk To A Lawyer About Custody Issues
If you need help with custody issues in Little Rock or anywhere else in central Arkansas, you can rely on Worsham Law Firm, P.A. Contact us via email to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer, or call 501-228-0668 or 501-490-9379 .