View Our Practice Areas

December 2015 Archives

How do you establish paternity in Arkansas?

While some families are developed following a marriage, others occur out of wedlock. While there is no right or wrong way to start a family, unmarried parents sometimes face some legal challenges regarding their children. For some mothers, it might not be entirely clear who the father is, or the father fails to take on their parental duties. Or, unmarried mothers may face legal action by the father who is pursuing their rights. In all of these matters, paternity will likely need to be established.

Arkansas grandparents angry about placement of children

Parents in Arkansas should, ideally, be capable of taking care of their children. In most cases, it is best for children to be with their parents as they age. However, there are situations where children should not be placed with their biological parents. For one reason or another, these parents are unable or unwilling to properly care for the children. In these situations, children can be taken into DHS custody and placed with a guardian.

Unmarried couples and property division in Arkansas

Many couples in Arkansas choose to get married before living together and starting a family. However, people are not stuck to this traditional process anymore. In recent decades, many couples are living together prior to marriage and many are choosing never to marry at all. When this happens, unmarried couples need to understand that they have different legal rights than married couples. While their relationships may look the same, legally they have very different outcomes.

Advocating for your child custody needs is important

Most parents will do anything they can in order to give their children the best possible life. When parents are in the process of divorcing, their desires to protect her children can lead to bigger disputes. Each parent may have a different vision for how to split their child's time.

Learn More

Protect your rights, your finances and your children

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Worsham Law Firm, P.A.

Worsham Law Firm, P.A.
320 Executive Court Suite 306
Little Rock, AR 72205

Toll Free: 888-851-4282
Phone: 501-588-8120
Fax: 501-228-5399
Little Rock Law Office Map